none
Bing Maps AJAX v7 and TileLayer with WMS source RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm using Bing Maps AJAX v7 to show a TileLayer whos tiles are provided by a WMS server. It works, but the problem is that the WMS server is a bit slow. And when panning, zooming the map the request for the tiles to WMS server and the imagery tiles of the map are done concurrently but the thing is that the browser is allowing only 6 concurrently requests. Because of this some tiles of the Bing Maps are not loaded anymore, and I believe that's because of a timeout internal to the Bing Maps. Can you please let me know if that's the case and how can I fix that ? One approach was to hide the layer when 'viewchangestart' event is raised and to show the layer when 'viewchangeend' event occurs, but it's not a fix that I'm satisfied with.

Thanks,

Iulian

Thursday, September 26, 2013 3:04 PM

Answers

• I believe the tiles are still loaded but are just hidden if they do not finish loading within a short period of time. Do the tiles appear after a while when you zoom out and back in? Have you set up any caching on your tile server so that not every tile has to be generated every time? Even a 5 minute cache can make a big improvement in performance.

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 3:32 PM