none
Ideas for deploying a locally networked application RRS feed

• Question

• I want to build business applications that support multiple users at individual business sites for a particular vertical market.  There are few ways that I can think of doing this that I would like to present.  If I am wrong please correct me. 

1. Create an ASP.NET application using a database.  Contract a different Hosting Service (like GoDaddy or DiscountAsp.Net) for each customer.
    2. Create a Windows Form based application that uses SqlServer (Express or Standard).  At the site of deployment (a) a Local Network must be established, (b) the Windows Form must be installed (easy).  The SqlServer with Management Studio must be installed that is setup for Authentication (i.e. UserName and Password).  Canned scripts are run from SqlService Management Studio to setup the database.  Commands must be manually typed in to set up the firewall.

I like option #2 because I can use a particular API.  But I see that the cost of going with option #2 is that setup at the User's site is very involved. 

Is there a way to create a locally networked Windows Form based app that does not require all the steps that I have identified at the User's site?

Am I missing something - is there another way that I have not identified that happens to uses Sql Server?

Saturday, February 28, 2009 8:52 PM

Answers

• Hi Jackobee,

More clarification with you. Do you want to deploy an Windows Form application or ASP.NET application?

For Windows Form application, you can post your issue on ClickOnce and Setup & Deployment Projects forum.
    For ASP.NET application, you can post your issue on ASP.NET
    Forum.

Thanks

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, March 2, 2009 3:48 AM
    Monday, March 2, 2009 3:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Jackobee,

More clarification with you. Do you want to deploy an Windows Form application or ASP.NET application?

For Windows Form application, you can post your issue on ClickOnce and Setup & Deployment Projects forum.
    For ASP.NET application, you can post your issue on ASP.NET
    Forum.

Thanks

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, March 2, 2009 3:48 AM
    Monday, March 2, 2009 3:11 AM
  • Thanks

I will ask my question on another site.

Monday, March 2, 2009 3:46 AM