none
Cant Setup Connected Pages for Bing App Linking RRS feed

• Question

• Im trying to do something that supposed to be really simple, and that is setup my new Windows Phone app to participate in Bing App Linking.

I have added the App's web page to the Connected Pages section of my Bing Dashboard, but it says its failed verification, as the Windows Phone App page doesn't have a link to my apps website.

Windows Store Page

Apps Website

As you can see there is no link from my windows store page to my apps website. So the Bing error is reasonable. However, when publishing the app I did include an app website, but it seems it refuses to show up on the Windows Store page.

Without this website link showing up in the Windows App store page, I am unable to setup bing app linking.

Anyone any ideas how I solve this. This is my first windows phone app, so I'm hoping it's a simple gotcha that I can easily resolve

Dean

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 11:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I have directed your question to someone on the store team.  

Thanks,

Julie

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 12:48 PM
  • I apologize for the delay.  Here are the steps:

1. Start an update submission on the app.
    2. Click on “Upload and describe your packages
    3. Expand “More options per language” and fill in the legal URL.
    4. Submit
    5. Once the submission is published, the license terms should show up on the app’s web page.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 6:20 PM
  • @JulieMN - if you are a struggling developer like me who has tried to help - then thank you for trying. If however you are a Microsoft employee who has given me a solution that could never have possibly worked - then shame on you (and taking 2 weeks to come back with to me too)

Your 'solution' doesn't work at all, which is confirmed by another support person at Microsoft 

App URL's as detailed in the app submission description are only published within the App store app running on a phone. These URL's are not published on the public app store web pages. Bing App linking requires the app store web page to include the apps website URL, so you have to add it to the app description. Of course this wont be represented as a link on the app store web page, but will enable Bing to verify the link between the app's webpage and the app itself.

The above was confirmed to me by Microsoft employee calling himself 'Miles P' from Windows Developer Support.

I have now successfully added my website and connected pages to my bing dashboard. However, the bing website App Linking page is supposed to automatically light up with these prerequisites in place, but - of course - it doesn't, so I'm back to square one - AGAIN.

I cant understand how this stuff can be sooooo hard.

It would be less painful to stick a pair of tweezers down my drawers and start pulling till I'm bald

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 12:18 PM