Workflow question RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Situation: I have a custom publishing approval workflow that is started automatically when a contributor submits the page for approval using a itemupdate event. (triggers when approval status change from draft to pending).

The workflow will have multiple approver tasks assigned with parallel approval and if one approved, end the process.

Issue: Now, If the approver logs in and clicks on "publish" from ribbon and "Approves/rejects", the approval status for the page changes to Approve/Reject. But the workflow task status is not changed. So the task complete emails are not triggered, since the task are still in "In Progress" Mode.

How can i make the task process complete and trigger the email?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Venky

Thursday, December 13, 2012 5:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I understand that you want to stop the approval workflow when someone manually approves or rejects the document.  You need to check ‘Automatically reject the document if it is changed before the workflow is completed’.

For more information, please refer to this KB article:

How to use manual approval to override a workflow of type "Approval - SharePoint 2010" which is "In Progress": http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2551474

Thanks,

Entan Ming

Entan Ming
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Entan Ming Thursday, December 20, 2012 9:13 AM
    Friday, December 14, 2012 8:41 AM