none
Openframeworks Installation Guide RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot get the example-Simple for the ofxKinectV2 to work but I think I'm close.
    I've followed the instructions provided in the downloadable article from here:
    https://blogs.msdn.com/b/kinectforwindows/archive/2014/07/15/getting-started-with-cinder-and-kinect-for-windows-v2.aspx

The bottom of the article covers OFX. I've followed its instructions, getting the VS2013 build and building project generator then building a project with ofxKinectV2. The end of the article kinda fizzles out with the details regarding this component:

"Note that the add-on is already added but you will need to add the header to your source code and create the required variables to start using the plug-in. At this point, you can refer to the sample project to get more information with using the plug-in code. "

I get the following error from the example-Simple project provided:
    error C1083: Cannot Open include file: 'KCBv2Lib.h': No such file or directory
    same for ofxKinectCommonBridge.h

I assume this suggests that I need to do what is described above (how do you do that?) or that I do not have the Kinect Common Bridge Library installed or something related to that library.

Any specific details concerning this walk thru or support / suggestions / help would be great!
    Thanks!

Saturday, August 9, 2014 10:31 PM

All replies

• If you look at the screenshot, you should have a copy of the ofxKinect2 folder in your project. Right click on the files to ensure your ofxKinect2 folder has the required KCBv2.lib and headers located in that folder. 

Have you updated your project include environment to include the ofxKinect include/lib folders? There is a sample project in the ofxKinect2 folder that shows which directories to include as well as sample code on how to use the plug-in

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 9:22 PM