none
Add Adapter Wizard failing for Oracle ODBC Adapter RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hellllllpppp!!!!

I have a strange issue when using trying to "Add Adapter Metadata" using the Oracle ODBC Adapter. I was able to add the schemas for a couple of tables then for some reason, after a period of time, I am no longer able to add any more. Every time I try I receive the following message "Unable to obtain service irganisation from the adapter. Failed to browse system.

My ODBC connection test works fine. And my send port configuration is unchanged

Any ideas?

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 1:02 PM

Answers

• I did find the problem. And it was being pointed to in the event log. For some reason the port to the oracle browsing service was being left open so subsequent attempts to connect using the 'Add Adapter Metadata' wizard failed as the port was already in use. I'm sure there's a way of closing the port from a command line tool but I re-booted my laptop in the end. Am not sure what is causing the issue.

I also had to change the way my orchestration worked which I don't really understand. Let me explain. At the very end of my orchestration I had 2 Send shapes. Both set to write inserts into the Oracle database (2 different tables). What seemed to happen though is that when I ran the Orchestration neither of the inserts worked and the sndprt instances would just sit there. I had set both of the send ports to use the same physical Oracle send port (I don't see a problem with this??). When I created 2 separate Oracle send ports the Orchestration worked correctly.

I'm sure it's my lack of understanding of Biztalk and the Oracle Adapter but if anyone can explain my mistake that would be great :-)

Lee
    Thursday, November 13, 2008 11:25 AM

All replies

•  

Yes, this is strange as you are saying that send port configurations is unchanged. I am not sure whether you have seen eventviewer logs or not but if not look it and see if any error logged from BizTalk Adapter. May be you will get answer of your problem there itself or send me your event viewer log and send port config details.

Regards,

Sanjay

Thursday, November 13, 2008 10:34 AM
  •  

Second thing you can try is create below registry key as it might be the timeout issue.

a) Create a new DWord value under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\BizTalkAdapters called "StartAgentSleep"

b) Set the value for the new DWord to be 10000

c) Restart Biztalk apps and Host Instance. 

Thursday, November 13, 2008 10:57 AM

• I did find the problem. And it was being pointed to in the event log. For some reason the port to the oracle browsing service was being left open so subsequent attempts to connect using the 'Add Adapter Metadata' wizard failed as the port was already in use. I'm sure there's a way of closing the port from a command line tool but I re-booted my laptop in the end. Am not sure what is causing the issue.

I also had to change the way my orchestration worked which I don't really understand. Let me explain. At the very end of my orchestration I had 2 Send shapes. Both set to write inserts into the Oracle database (2 different tables). What seemed to happen though is that when I ran the Orchestration neither of the inserts worked and the sndprt instances would just sit there. I had set both of the send ports to use the same physical Oracle send port (I don't see a problem with this??). When I created 2 separate Oracle send ports the Orchestration worked correctly.

I'm sure it's my lack of understanding of Biztalk and the Oracle Adapter but if anyone can explain my mistake that would be great :-)

Lee
    Thursday, November 13, 2008 11:25 AM
  • Hi Lee,

We are suppoting BizTalk Adapters only. For any query related to BizTalk Development you can post your query to http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=1470&SiteID=1

Regards,

Sanjay

Friday, November 14, 2008 5:05 AM