none
My store app icon is so blurred using universal dashboard.

Question

• In my another Developer account I  updated my app for windows 8.1 using a new universal dashboard. After my app passed the certification I found it on store using windows 8.1 store app that my background tile icon is so blurred. how to fix this problem? The Rectangle background so blurred. (The start menu icon stretch to fill as background on windows store)
    Thursday, July 30, 2015 6:05 PM

Answers

• Hello Sega Dude,

I think the problem is related with the visual assets. Did you perhaps not set them properly? Please check in the app manifest.

There are also images which you don't include in your app's package, but which you include when submitting an app so they can be used by the Windows Store. These include screenshots and promotional images.

App images used in the Windows Store

The Windows Store uses a number of different images when displaying your app to customers. Most of these come from the images you submit in your app's package. The images used by the Windows Store are described below.

•Screenshots

•Square150x150Logo

•Wide310x150Logo

•Store logo

•Promotional images

Please see: Choosing your app images

With Regards,

Krunal Parekh

Thanks MSDN Community Support Please remember to Mark as Answer the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, August 3, 2015 4:55 AM

All replies

• Hello Sega Dude,

I think the problem is related with the visual assets. Did you perhaps not set them properly? Please check in the app manifest.

There are also images which you don't include in your app's package, but which you include when submitting an app so they can be used by the Windows Store. These include screenshots and promotional images.

App images used in the Windows Store

The Windows Store uses a number of different images when displaying your app to customers. Most of these come from the images you submit in your app's package. The images used by the Windows Store are described below.

•Screenshots

•Square150x150Logo

•Wide310x150Logo

•Store logo

•Promotional images

Please see: Choosing your app images

With Regards,

Krunal Parekh

Thanks MSDN Community Support Please remember to Mark as Answer the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, August 3, 2015 4:55 AM
  • Double check your assets. I didn't realize until VS2015 RTM that the hi density scales changed for all of the icons and tiles since there was no editor for the manifest. So if you have a Logo.scale-140.png asset, it will get ignored. The new scales are 125, 150, 200. Rob
    Monday, August 3, 2015 5:03 AM
  • So, the store is full of apps with distorted tiles and yet there is no response? Is windows 8.x now irrelevant for MS?
    Monday, August 10, 2015 12:09 PM
  • I have completely the same problem. I have contacted Microsoft Support and they told me that it is known issue. I am waiting more than 2 weeks for some fix and I am really disappointed from this approach.
    Tuesday, August 11, 2015 10:39 AM
  • This needs to get fixed asap!
    Tuesday, August 11, 2015 11:55 AM
  • I tried Robert Durfee's recommendation, but did not help. Any ideas?
    Wednesday, August 26, 2015 4:23 PM
  • It was fixed and you have to now resubmit your app and then it will be ok.
    Wednesday, September 2, 2015 7:09 PM