Windows 8 developer preview v/s Windows 8 consumer preview RRS feed

• Question

• Windows 8 developer preview v/s Windows 8 consumer preview? Which one is best for Windows 8 development environment?
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 8:54 AM

Answers

• Both are very old and out of date. They are early previews of Windows 8 and do not have all of the full features of Windows 8. The released version of Windows 8 has been available since August and is what you should be using. --Rob
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:59 PM
  • Windows 8 RTM.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:50 PM

All replies

• Windows 8 RTM.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:50 PM
  • Both are very old and out of date. They are early previews of Windows 8 and do not have all of the full features of Windows 8. The released version of Windows 8 has been available since August and is what you should be using. --Rob
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:59 PM
  •  thanks for  your reply.

Now, I installed Windows 8 Professional. what else i need to get installed on it  so that i could develop metro style app using Xaml/C#.

1. I have heard about some sdk. Is it Windows 8 sdk or Windows Phone 8 sdk?.

2.  Visual studio version?

Regards,

Pankaj

Thursday, April 25, 2013 7:53 AM
  • You need Visual Studio 2012 to develop Windows Store Apps. The free Express Edition for Windows 8 has everything you need to get started. Of course any higher edition would work, too.
    Thursday, April 25, 2013 8:13 AM
  • Express edition giving error  for developer licence. error code: 0x80004005
    Tuesday, April 30, 2013 2:22 PM
  • Hi Pkv7007,

Please post your questions only once, and with separate threads for separate questions.

Your followup here is a duplicate of your post Developer License Issue. VS 2012

--Rob

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 3:54 PM