none
Outlook Appointment send method and empty Subject validation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I am invoking a new meeting window from my outlook addin and allowing user to create new meeting and send. When user does not enter subject or location, i am validating (with yes/no buttons to continue) them and when i call .send() method on outlook interop object it is also validating and popping up the message. So, its double validation. I would like to suppress interop object validation ( Outlook.AppointmentItem ). Is this possible?

Other solution could be i would let iterop object to validate the values. But i did not find a way how to handle whether user clicked yes or no? (in subject/location validation message outlook show yes and no buttons when they are empty).

Thanks

• Moved by Neddy Ren Monday, March 26, 2012 9:34 AM (发件人:Visual C#)
    • Moved by Sheng Jiang 蒋晟 Monday, March 26, 2012 9:19 PM English (From:一般性问题讨论区)
    Friday, March 23, 2012 1:52 PM

Answers

• Hi zhengyanjie,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

In my opinions, you needn't validating the subject by yourself because the appointment item will check it. This is a build-in action of the item, we are hard to change it. And the Inspector is a container to express the item, it has few relationshipe to the specific item. As usual, we use [ItemType] item = ([ItemType])inspector.CurrentItem; to asscess the item and handle them.

I hope what I said can help you.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 6:30 AM

All replies

• Hi zhengyanjie,

You will need to post the questions which are outlook issues to the outlook fourm?

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/outlookdev/threads 

There are experts who will help you and resolve your issues.

Neddy Ren[MSFT]

Monday, March 26, 2012 9:34 AM
  • Hi zhengyanjie,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

In my opinions, you needn't validating the subject by yourself because the appointment item will check it. This is a build-in action of the item, we are hard to change it. And the Inspector is a container to express the item, it has few relationshipe to the specific item. As usual, we use [ItemType] item = ([ItemType])inspector.CurrentItem; to asscess the item and handle them.

I hope what I said can help you.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 6:30 AM