none
I'm unable to install HCK and get log message: " Error while connecting to the specified Server". RRS feed

• Question

• The error in the log indicates it can not connect to a (SQLServer I believe) server. Below is the error. I'm unable to ping fmnmxdev709.na.micron.com. So I would assume I need to change that but do not have a clue how to fix that.

CAQuietExec:  Error::
    ************************************************************ERROR REPORT (Exception levels including inner exceptions. Level 0 denotes outermost exception)
    CAQuietExec:  
    CAQuietExec:  ------------START OF ERROR REPORT------------
    CAQuietExec:  
    CAQuietExec:  Level            : 0
    CAQuietExec:  Error Message    : Error while connecting to the specified Server  'fmnmxdev709.na.micron.com' .
    CAQuietExec:  Source           : Void CreateEnterprise(Microsoft.DistributedAutomation.DSLink, Microsoft.DistributedAutomation.ServiceCollection, Boolean)
    CAQuietExec:  Inner Exception  : System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040000): SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
    ConnectionOpen (Connect()).
    CAQuietExec:     at Interop.SQLDMO.SQLServer2Class.Connect(Object ServerName, Object Login, Object Password)
    CAQuietExec:     at Microsoft.DistributedAutomation.SqlDataStore.SqlDataStoreSetup.IsValidSqlServer(String serverName, String databaseName)
    CAQuietExec:  Call Stack       :    at Microsoft.DistributedAutomation.SqlDataStore.SqlDataStoreSetup.CreateEnterprise(DSLink identityDSLink, ServiceCollection serviceList, Boolean standaloneInstall)
    CAQuietExec:     at Microsoft.DistributedAutomation.EnterpriseSetup.EnterpriseSetupHelper.CreateEnterprise(EnterpriseConfiguration enterpriseConfig, DSLink dsLink, String setupFilePath, Boolean standaloneInstall)
    CAQuietExec:     at Microsoft.DistributedAutomation.EnterpriseSetup.Tools.CMain.Main(String args)
    CAQuietExec:  Trace            :
    CAQuietExec:  
    CAQuietExec:  Level            : 1
    CAQuietExec:  Error Message    : SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
    ConnectionOpen (Connect()).
    CAQuietExec:  Source           : Void Connect(System.Object, System.Object, System.Object)
    CAQuietExec:  Inner Exception  :
    CAQuietExec:  
    CAQuietExec:  --------------END OF ERROR REPORT------------************************************************************

==================
    • Moved by Doron Holan [MSFT] Friday, October 19, 2012 4:08 PM (From:Windows Hardware WDK and Driver Development)
    Friday, October 19, 2012 3:06 PM

Answers

• We have a wealth of information around installing HCK Controller here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/jj124068.aspx

For your particular failure, it is important to understand if HCK Setup "detects" an existing SQL instance on the system, it will attempt to use it.  In the error message above it is clear HCK Setup does not have access to this SQL instance ("Access denied").  What you can do is uninstall SQL completely from this system and let HCK Setup provision the system with its bundled SQL Express instance, or attempt HCK Controller install on another system, preferably one that does not already have SQL pre-installed.

Friday, October 19, 2012 4:34 PM

All replies

• We have a wealth of information around installing HCK Controller here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/jj124068.aspx

For your particular failure, it is important to understand if HCK Setup "detects" an existing SQL instance on the system, it will attempt to use it.  In the error message above it is clear HCK Setup does not have access to this SQL instance ("Access denied").  What you can do is uninstall SQL completely from this system and let HCK Setup provision the system with its bundled SQL Express instance, or attempt HCK Controller install on another system, preferably one that does not already have SQL pre-installed.

Friday, October 19, 2012 4:34 PM
  • Hi Jason,

I did try uninstalling SQLServer & then installing HCK but was getting the same error.

I'm waiting for IT to reload the OS and then I will give it another shot.

Fred

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 2:28 PM
  • After having the OS reloaded I'm able to install HCK.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 2:23 PM