none
Reporting delays for Ratings

Question

• My ratings/reviews data in the developer portal haven't been updated since 26-Jan. I see new published ratings in the Store for my app as recently as 29-Jan.

What's going on with the reporting now? All other data such as purchases, downloads, appear "up to date" (2-days behind).

Thursday, January 30, 2014 2:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Kurt,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the lack of communication, and I will incorporate your feedback to our incident management process. We are also actively working to improve developer experience on the developer portal.

The ratings and reviews data should now be up to date. Again, thank you for your patience.

Regards,

PK

• Marked as answer by brs_kurt Friday, January 31, 2014 5:52 PM
    Friday, January 31, 2014 5:46 PM

All replies

• We have an unplanned disruption in the data processing pipeline for rating and reviews. You should see an up-to-date data in the next 12 hours. 

Thank you for your patience while we address the issue.

Friday, January 31, 2014 8:45 AM
  • Thanks PK-MSFT.

Would it be too much to ask that we be alerted of such issues in the developer portal dashboard (and/or here) when they arise? 

We're all developers here. We know stuff breaks. Disruptions happen. I don't have a problem with that. But I am very frustrated by MSFTs lack of communication with us. I've wasted so much time and emotional frustration in the past couple months because of issues with the developer portal. It also wastes your support reps time.

All of this could have been alleviated by a simple notification like "We're experiencing issues with [x]. Data for [y] may not be accurate or up to date. We will notify you when this is resolved." 

As I've expressed once before: for a company so desperate to attract developers to its platform, it sure has been a unpleasant experience being one. 

regards,

Kurt

Friday, January 31, 2014 5:23 PM
  • Hi Kurt,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the lack of communication, and I will incorporate your feedback to our incident management process. We are also actively working to improve developer experience on the developer portal.

The ratings and reviews data should now be up to date. Again, thank you for your patience.

Regards,

PK

• Marked as answer by brs_kurt Friday, January 31, 2014 5:52 PM
    Friday, January 31, 2014 5:46 PM