What is the best way to develop software for a windows Server 2008 platform? RRS feed

• Question

• I am C++ developer. I want to start writing web site functions and code. I at first it would be enough just to do standard output. However, when I run a program compiled in a Windows XP system, it returns the error: This application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for details. I have used the static library console application project to compile the program. It just uses iostream for a cout<<"helloworld"; How can I learn more about compiling software for Windows Server 2008 from Microsoft Visual Studio 2008. Please help! Eric
    Eric M Lieber
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 9:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Eric,

normaly you can develop software for windows server 2008 as you do for all windows versions. But you have to take care that all dependencies are available in the correct version.

Maybe this thread helps a little:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vcgeneral/thread/36971526-95f3-4a9f-a601-1843c86332c1

If you further problems: Maybe you want to ask inside a C++ forum on MSDN because there you will find much more c++ experts who will respond much faster. (I am a C# developer and had to do some research myself to find something usefull for you.)

With kind regards,

Konrad

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 2:30 PM