none
HID touch screen filter driver RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a customer request for a touch screen filter driver.

The customer has two multi touch screens connected via USB. Each touch screen is connected on an own USB port and recognized as USB HID. The customers approach is that the second touch screen is locked for a specified period when the first touch screen is handled.

Process:
    Touch screen one is handled, filter driver of touch screen 1 detects a touch packet and sends a signal to filter driver of touch screen 2. The filter driver of touch screen two blocks all data packets of touch screen 2 for da defined period.

Is this scenario possible with da kmdf or umdf filter driver?

Best regards

Manuel

• Edited by Parfant Thursday, February 6, 2014 12:42 PM
    Thursday, February 6, 2014 10:13 AM

All replies

• This can be possible. Actually you don't need two filter drivers. You can use the same filter driver for both touchscreens. This way you can define a global context with boolean parameter such as touch1_handled. As long as touch1_handled is TRUE touch screen 2 will be blocked.

WinDriver – Driver Development Tool for PCI, PCI Express and USB

DriverCore – PC USB Drivers

• Edited by Ian Bakshan Thursday, February 6, 2014 11:55 AM
    Thursday, February 6, 2014 11:55 AM
  • Thank you for your quick reply. I am delighted that my approach will be work.

I think there was a misunderstanding. Of course I want to use the same filter driver for both touch screens. "Filter driver of touch screen 1" means the first of the two instances of the filter driver. The solution with a global context sound very good and simple. 

Thursday, February 6, 2014 12:41 PM