Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch Application Install Instructions- with pic or step by step RRS feed

• Question

• 1.    Install SQL Server Express on the target (client) computer, if not already installed. LightSwitch Applications require SQL Server 2005 or a later version, or SQL Server Express 2005 or a later version.Learn more about SQL Server Express installation options.

2.    On the target computer, deploy the database schema by using sqlcmd.exe command tool. The Sqlcmd.exe tool is installed with SQL Server, typically in the \Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn directory under the Program Files or Program File (x86) directory.

a.     From an elevated Command Prompt, change to the directory that contains the publish output and enter a command similar to the following:

sqlcmd.exe -i MyApplication.sql -S .\SQLExpress

Replace MyApplication with the name of your application, and replace .\SQLExpress with the database location on the server.

3.    Locate the web.config file in the Application Files subdirectory of the publish output.

a.     Open web.config in Notepad and edit the connection in the <connectionStrings> section to use your server and database name. For example, for the entry similar to:

<add name="_IntrinsicData" connectionString="Data Source=SERVERNAME\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=MyApplication;Integrated Security=True;Pooling=True;Connect Timeout=30;User Instance=False" />

Replace SERVERNAME with the name of the database server, and replace MyApplication with the name of your application.

1. What SQL should i choose to install? SqlLocalDB can??

2. & 3. How to do on this step?? any picture can show to me??

Thankx..

Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:18 AM

Answers

• OK, you don't need to use the command prompt and anything like that.

You only need to check this guide for deploying your project.

This is the guide link:

Deployment Guide

Don't be shy to ask.

Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:48 AM

All replies

• Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:30 AM
  • Thankx.. but i need a solution for install my project/application on another people computer??

Do you know? Thankx..

Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:39 AM
  • Do yon mean deploy the project on another machine ?
    Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:41 AM
  • Yea.. Sorry for my confusing question..

Yes, I need a solution to deploy on another machine with step by step.. better have picture

example how to use command prompt & Locate the web.config file

I'm a beginner for Visual studio lightswitch..

Thankx..

Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:45 AM
  • OK, you don't need to use the command prompt and anything like that.

You only need to check this guide for deploying your project.

This is the guide link:

Deployment Guide

Don't be shy to ask.

Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:48 AM
  • Was it helpful for you ??
    Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:46 AM
  • Yes.. Thankx..
    Saturday, March 17, 2012 3:15 PM