Bugs found without corresponding tests Report not working (Hotfix KB969210 applied) RRS feed

• Question

• I recently installed a TFS 2008 SP1 server with SQL 2008 backend.
    Everything went OK, there was a minor issue (known issue) with some reports.. (described as in KB969210).
    Now, i applied hotfix KB969210, works for most reports.. but the report "Bugs found without corresponding tests" still throws an exeption;

An error occurred during client rendering.
    An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
    Query execution failed for dataset 'dsBugsWithoutTests'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)
    For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors

Anyone an idea how to solve this?

Monday, August 3, 2009 7:36 AM

Answers

• The error message indicates that your TFS cube doesn't contain the System_Id hierachy. Have you rebuilt the TFS warehouse recently?

I remember that this hireachy is created when TFS synchronizes warehouse. For troubleshooting purpose, could you try:
    Synchronize TFS warehouse manually. For detailed steps, please refer to "To manually process the warehouse" section in Troubleshooting the Data Warehouse.

If synchronizing TFS warehouse doesn't help, you can first rebuild the warehouse relational store and then the OLAP cube with SetupWarehouse command. Finally, synchronize TFS warehouse and check if the report renders correctly.

Let me know how they help. :)
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Proposed as answer by Bill.Wang Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bill.Wang Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:58 AM
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 7:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Nickett

I can't reproduce this issue. Are you sure the report "Bugs found without corresponding tests" from the hotfix is uploaded to your SSRS?

The error message you posted is the same as that before the hotfix for this report is applied. See this blog.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Bill.Wang Monday, August 10, 2009 4:07 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Bill.Wang Monday, August 10, 2009 8:29 AM
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 12:48 PM
  • Hi Bill,
    Yes i am positive the fix is uploaded.

I have a more detailed error:

An error occurred during client rendering.
    • An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
      • Query execution failed for dataset 'dsBugsWithoutTests'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)
        • Query (7, 1) The Extract function was called with hierarchy 'System_Id' that does not exist in the set.
    Monday, August 10, 2009 8:28 AM
  • The error message indicates that your TFS cube doesn't contain the System_Id hierachy. Have you rebuilt the TFS warehouse recently?

I remember that this hireachy is created when TFS synchronizes warehouse. For troubleshooting purpose, could you try:
    Synchronize TFS warehouse manually. For detailed steps, please refer to "To manually process the warehouse" section in Troubleshooting the Data Warehouse.

If synchronizing TFS warehouse doesn't help, you can first rebuild the warehouse relational store and then the OLAP cube with SetupWarehouse command. Finally, synchronize TFS warehouse and check if the report renders correctly.

Let me know how they help. :)
    • Proposed as answer by Bill.Wang Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bill.Wang Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:58 AM
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 7:21 AM