SharePoint 2010 Discussions and MS Outlook 2007 - move to folder - email has dissappeared RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I received an email into from my boss today with 3 attachments ( I am gradually introducing him to the idea of using SP discussions -- its a slow process)

I opened the email and selected "move to folder"

from the "move to folder" GUI I selected to move to the Discussion Board ( which I added to my Outlook SharePoint lists previously using the connect to outlook option )

however this email has dissappeared.

• it is not in the specified Discussion Board
    • it is no longer in my inbox ( or deleted items )
    • I can't find it by searching on the email subject ( which I have from somebody else who replied all to the original email ) using advanced find.

Is there an intermediary location that I can check for this email ? is there a log file that I can check to see what happened ?

Has anyone else experienced this problem ?

I'm guessing it relates somehow to the fact that there were 3 attachments (pdfs, docs ) to the email and that it is not possible to simply add these attachments to a discussion via Outlook using move to folder ( drag and drop works )

thanks and regards,

Counie

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 1:30 PM

Answers

• the emails turned out to be located in the

SharePoint Lists -> Sync Failures -> Local Failures.

moral of the story is don't use the "Move to folder" option to create a SharePoint discussion topic using an email - use drag and drop instead .

regards,

Counie

• Marked as answer by Lily Wu Tuesday, August 31, 2010 5:54 AM
    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 2:46 PM