none
IAzureMediaServicesClient.Jobs.CreateAsync() creates a job with "Queued" status RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to upload a local video to AMS and encode it. I'm following this tutorial. Everything goes smooth and I'm able to post the job but... The problem is this job never gets processed, it keeps the "Queued" status for indefinetely.

I even tried to upload a file and encode it manually. As soon as I've submitted the job it had "Processing" subsequently turned into "Finished" statuses.

Here's how my SubmitJobAsync() method looks like:

private static async Task<Job> SubmitJobAsync(IAzureMediaServicesClient client,
                ConfigWrapper config,
                string transformName,
                string jobName,
                string assetName)
            {
                JobInput jobInput = new JobInputAsset(assetName);

JobOutput[] jobOutputs =
                {
                    new JobOutputAsset(assetName),
                };

Job job = await client.Jobs.CreateAsync(
                    config.ResourceGroup,
                    config.AccountName,
                    transformName,
                    jobName,
                    new Job
                    {
                        Input = jobInput,
                        Outputs = jobOutputs,
                    });

return job;
            }
    Is there a way to push this job for processing while creating the job, to avoid this queued status? Or this is just another v3 trick? Thanks in advance.
    Wednesday, November 21, 2018 10:41 PM

Answers

• Hi Jack,

In your SubmitJobAsync() code posted above, you are using the same "assetName" for both the input Asset to the Job as well as the output Asset. Currently, we do not support this scenario - you are required to have an output Asset that is different from the input Asset

Thanks

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 1:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Jack, can you send the details of this job ID, the region your account is located in (US West, US East...etc..) the name of your account and subscription ID to amshelp@microsoft.com and we will dig into this a bit. 

We were really confused by this statement so wanted to take a look at your account- "I even tried to upload a file and encode it manually. As soon as I've submitted the job it had "Processing" subsequently turned into "Finished" statuses."

Did you already enable a reserved unit for encoding on your account? What size did you use? 
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/media-services/previous/media-services-scale-media-processing-overview 

Thursday, November 22, 2018 12:25 AM
  • Hi John and thanks for your reply. Reserved unit for encoding is enabled on our account, it's of type s1. Initially it had the size 0. Later I've changed it to 11 with same result. I've sent the details to the provided email. Thanks

• Edited by JackDnls Thursday, November 22, 2018 2:34 PM
    Thursday, November 22, 2018 2:19 PM
  • Hi Jack,

In your SubmitJobAsync() code posted above, you are using the same "assetName" for both the input Asset to the Job as well as the output Asset. Currently, we do not support this scenario - you are required to have an output Asset that is different from the input Asset

Thanks

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 1:09 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for pointing me out, had to create the output Asset prior submitting the job. That solved the issue. Thanks again

• Edited by JackDnls Tuesday, November 27, 2018 2:17 PM
    Tuesday, November 27, 2018 2:16 PM
  • Another small question... When do you guys think you'll fix the bug of listing the API v3 Assets in the portal? I've also used the Azure Media Service Explore and I see the same picture...

Thanks again.

• Edited by JackDnls Tuesday, November 27, 2018 3:43 PM
    Tuesday, November 27, 2018 2:30 PM