none
Simple workflow made with SP designer returns error ""Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource". RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody

i just created a simple workflow thanks to SP designer.

the aim is to send an email to all the users groups when a new announcement is published on my SP site. This site is on SP 365 online

the workflow works well when an announcement is created by the site owner (I am the site owner). but it fails when another user creates an announcement. I tried with different users, different permissions.... What's wrong ?

Thank you in advance

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 11:42 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please go to Site settings->Manage site features and Activate the Workflows can use app permissions site feature.

Then add your workflow in "App Step" using SharePoint designer 2013.

Or check the article below:

Create a workflow with elevated permissions by using the SharePoint 2013 Workflow platform

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/jj822159.aspx

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, January 27, 2017 5:33 AM

All replies

• Do you have any AD group in SharePoint group? because sending mail to AD group depends on who has permission to do that. Also if you have the large number of users in the Group, then it has a limitation. You can try Flow and see the same issue in detail. Designer does not provide error details.

Thanks, Ashish | Please mark a post helpful/answer if it is helpful or answer your query.

Thursday, January 26, 2017 2:07 AM
  • Hi,

Please go to Site settings->Manage site features and Activate the Workflows can use app permissions site feature.

Then add your workflow in "App Step" using SharePoint designer 2013.

Or check the article below:

Create a workflow with elevated permissions by using the SharePoint 2013 Workflow platform

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/jj822159.aspx

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, January 27, 2017 5:33 AM