none
Streaming endpont blade fails to open. The same cryptic and unhelpful error for months now. RRS feed

• Question

• 1. Creat a channel

2. Creat a program

3. Start to stream to the primary url with OBS with default key

4. Clicking Watch preview displays the preview properly - obviously the cloud end of this stream receives it all well!!!

5. Clicking on the locators page displays the cryptic error : 

• <svg aria-hidden="true" focusable="false" role="presentation" style="height:100%;width:100%;" 

• Edited by Ognyan Tuesday, October 22, 2019 2:15 PM
    Tuesday, October 22, 2019 2:14 PM

Answers

• We are working on fix for this issue. This issue will occur if you have a streaming endpoint that is not running or doesn't have any streaming units associated with it. Workaround for this issue is to go to the streaming endpoint blade and directly start the streaming endpoint i.e. Media Account / Streaming Endpoints / Select the streaming endpoint / click start. 
    Wednesday, October 23, 2019 6:13 PM
  • In addition to Anton's response. 

Apologies for the frustrated experience with this issue and any inconvenience this may have caused. You have also mentioned that it is not working for a month now, I totally understand the concern and would like to provide the right support you deserve.

Just some additional checks: 

If you have a streaming endpoint not starting the most common cause is that there is a duplicate name on the CDN side related to the streaming endpoint.  If that is the case, you may try disabling the CDN on the streaming endpoint and trying to start it. 

As outlined in this document 'Live Events and Live Outputs’ an asset is required.  And, also review Live AMS -Live Outputs – Create document you will see that the properties.assetName is a required field. So, kindly review the asset specified for Live Output.

As Anton mentioned, kindly try the workaround steps and let us know how it goes. We are working on fix for this issue and will post back as soon as we have an update. 

Thanks for your patience and co-operation. Looking forward to your reply.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 6:32 PM

All replies

• We are working on fix for this issue. This issue will occur if you have a streaming endpoint that is not running or doesn't have any streaming units associated with it. Workaround for this issue is to go to the streaming endpoint blade and directly start the streaming endpoint i.e. Media Account / Streaming Endpoints / Select the streaming endpoint / click start. 
    Wednesday, October 23, 2019 6:13 PM
  • In addition to Anton's response. 

Apologies for the frustrated experience with this issue and any inconvenience this may have caused. You have also mentioned that it is not working for a month now, I totally understand the concern and would like to provide the right support you deserve.

Just some additional checks: 

If you have a streaming endpoint not starting the most common cause is that there is a duplicate name on the CDN side related to the streaming endpoint.  If that is the case, you may try disabling the CDN on the streaming endpoint and trying to start it. 

As outlined in this document 'Live Events and Live Outputs’ an asset is required.  And, also review Live AMS -Live Outputs – Create document you will see that the properties.assetName is a required field. So, kindly review the asset specified for Live Output.

As Anton mentioned, kindly try the workaround steps and let us know how it goes. We are working on fix for this issue and will post back as soon as we have an update. 

Thanks for your patience and co-operation. Looking forward to your reply.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 6:32 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your reply. 

You were right that the streaming endpoint was not enabled. Thank you for that tip. I ran my tests end-to-end and everything works fine. 

The developers should work on that - to have proper error messages.

Best Regards,

Ognyan Dimitrov

Saturday, November 2, 2019 11:25 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your reply. 

You were right that the streaming endpoint was not enabled. Thank you for that tip. I ran my tests end-to-end and everything works fine. 

The developers should work on that - to have proper error messages.

Best Regards,

Ognyan Dimitrov

Thanks for the response. Again sorry for any inconvenience with this issue. We have relayed the feedback to the product team. Your feedback is much appreciated. 
    Tuesday, November 12, 2019 8:08 AM