Visually Impaired Theme RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm currently trying to create a theme for the visually impaired. I'm doing ok with colours and font size but seem to be struggling to adjust the font size of the menu.

Could someone point me in the right direction of the menu font size? I'm only editing a theme so far. Is the menu font size controlled by the shell or can it be adjusted in the theme?

Thanks,

Paul.

Friday, January 31, 2014 3:52 PM

Answers

• There are a few discrepancies in the code for sure.

Using the standard shell you can manipulate this:

<sys:Double x:Key="NormalFontSize">24</sys:Double>

which is picked up as you see in this picture:

... but the Cosmopolitan shell does not pick that up for the menu group headings, which is a bit of a [non-] bind.

Paul, how far did you get with a theme for the standard shell. Do you have a screen shot?

Dave

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

Monday, February 3, 2014 3:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Paul,

Do you want a Cosmopolitan style theme or standard theme and which VS version?

Cheers

Dave

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

Monday, February 3, 2014 10:45 AM
  • Hi Dave,

Either really as I can theme the shell myself. It's just they're struggling with the menu that's all. The app is created in VS2013.

Thanks,

Paul.

Monday, February 3, 2014 10:52 AM
  • Hey Paul,

have you tried running the old 'blue' theme with high contrast on? (http://janvanderhaegen.wordpress.com/2011/12/21/microsoft-lightswitch-black-theme-the-mystery-solved/) 

Jan

It's your story - time to switch on the innovation.||About me||LightSwitch blog

Monday, February 3, 2014 2:44 PM
  • There are a few discrepancies in the code for sure.

Using the standard shell you can manipulate this:

<sys:Double x:Key="NormalFontSize">24</sys:Double>

which is picked up as you see in this picture:

... but the Cosmopolitan shell does not pick that up for the menu group headings, which is a bit of a [non-] bind.

Paul, how far did you get with a theme for the standard shell. Do you have a screen shot?

Dave

Monday, February 3, 2014 3:00 PM
  • Gents,

Thanks for the comments.

Jan - I didn't know that but it's worth knowing for future reference. The client has specific requirements of black on yellow though so don't think it'll quite cut the mustard!

Dave - I'd seen that but obviously not turned the font size up enough to notice the difference. When I put it up to 24 like yourself, it is a lot more apparent. I will consult with them and perfect the theme but this is how it's coming along:

When I originally started looking into this I was running the cosmopolitan shell so guess that's why the first changes to that font size didn't work. This is a bit rough around the edges but getting there I think.

Thanks for the help gents.

Paul.

Monday, February 3, 2014 3:30 PM