BAM installation/configuration in Dev and Prod RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have been given a BizTalk 2010 Dev and Prod environment by Microsoft. I have noticed that the BAM installation/configuration differs in Dev than Prod.

For example, I have the following databases in Dev:

BAMAlertsApplication
    BAMAlertsNSMain
    BAMArchive
    BAMPrimaryImport
    BAMStarSchema

And I have the following databases in Prod:

BAMArchive
    BAMPrimaryImport
    BAMStarSchema

My question is... are BAMAlertsApplication and BAMAlertsNSMain need to be installed/configured in Prod?

Also the BAM sql agent jobs are missing in Prod:
    bam_ExcAll_ViewEsbExceptions_DelAlertHistJob
    bam_ExcByApplication_ViewEsbExceptions_DelAlertHistJob
    bam_ItineraryView_ViewItineraryServiceActivity_DelAlertHistJob

Christiane

Friday, November 11, 2016 3:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

BAMAlertsApplication and BAMAlertsNSMain are used by SQL Notification Services to support BAM Alerts.

BAM Notification Services Application database (BAMAlertsApplication) Contains alert information for BAM notifications.

BAM Notification Services Instance database (BAMAlertsNSMain) Contains instance information specifying how the notification services connect to the system that BAM is monitoring.

There are created by default when you configure BAM. Looks like there is some issue with BAM configuration.

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Friday, November 11, 2016 4:12 PM
  • Yes, Christiane. you need to configure in PROD too. 

Ram

• Marked as answer by Christiane0696 Monday, November 14, 2016 3:09 PM
    Friday, November 11, 2016 9:20 PM
  • Hi Christiane0696,

BAMAlertsApplication
    BAMAlertsNSMain

Are reuiqred when you use the BAM alerts facility and are used by the SQL notification services to store and manage the BAM alerts,

You need to configure the alerts in your prod environment then these databases will be available...

On a personal note, I have been using the BAM feature from last few years and have never felt the need for the alerts to be configured.

Now  to answer your second point these jobs are created when you install and configure the complete ESB toolkit. In case you have not installed the complete esb toolit then in that case these jobs are not created.

Regards,

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Monday, November 14, 2016 9:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

BAMAlertsApplication and BAMAlertsNSMain are used by SQL Notification Services to support BAM Alerts.

BAM Notification Services Application database (BAMAlertsApplication) Contains alert information for BAM notifications.

BAM Notification Services Instance database (BAMAlertsNSMain) Contains instance information specifying how the notification services connect to the system that BAM is monitoring.

There are created by default when you configure BAM. Looks like there is some issue with BAM configuration.

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Friday, November 11, 2016 4:12 PM
  • Yes, Christiane. you need to configure in PROD too. 

Ram

• Marked as answer by Christiane0696 Monday, November 14, 2016 3:09 PM
    Friday, November 11, 2016 9:20 PM
  • Hi Christiane0696,

BAMAlertsApplication
    BAMAlertsNSMain

Are reuiqred when you use the BAM alerts facility and are used by the SQL notification services to store and manage the BAM alerts,

You need to configure the alerts in your prod environment then these databases will be available...

On a personal note, I have been using the BAM feature from last few years and have never felt the need for the alerts to be configured.

Now  to answer your second point these jobs are created when you install and configure the complete ESB toolkit. In case you have not installed the complete esb toolit then in that case these jobs are not created.

Regards,

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Monday, November 14, 2016 9:47 AM