Visual Basic Express 2010 Registration RRS feed

• Question

• I can not register product and I only have seven days left. Can someone help?!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 5:11 AM

Answers

• I'm not sure if this is a issue. Do you have a webbrowser set as default application ? Click Start | Default Programs and set it up. Install some other browser, such as Firefox. Also, have you tried running it as Administrator ? Right Click |Run as Administrator.

If you have offline installation ISO file, try re-installing vbExpress and see if that button works.

Thanks

"Feel the Force !"  | My blog
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 9:02 PM

All replies

• Tuesday, May 4, 2010 5:21 PM
  • Hi Paul,

I have already tried the process suggested. When I press the "Obtain a registration key online" nothing happens. I was able to register VB Express 2008 but am having difficulty with the 2010 version. I would prefer to run VB Express 2010.

Any other ideas?

Jerry

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 8:28 PM
  • I'm not sure if this is a issue. Do you have a webbrowser set as default application ? Click Start | Default Programs and set it up. Install some other browser, such as Firefox. Also, have you tried running it as Administrator ? Right Click |Run as Administrator.

If you have offline installation ISO file, try re-installing vbExpress and see if that button works.

Thanks

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 9:02 PM
  • Thanks Omie,

I think setting the default webbrowser did the trick. The registration seemed to work.

Thanks again for your prompt reply.

Jerry

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 9:20 PM
  • Hi Jerry Pugh ,

Alternatively:

1) The iso versions DO NOT require registration. :-)    :-D

Download 2010 version here.>>

http://www.microsoft.com/express/Downloads/#2010-All

Download the 2008 version here ( while you still can ).>>

http://www.microsoft.com/express/Downloads/#2008-All

2) Burn the iso file to a disc using NERO or similar disc burning software.

3) Try uninstalling the Express Edition.

4) Install from the disc you have just burned instead.

5) Job done!!

Regards,

John

Please see this thread for Vb.Net learning links.>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vbgeneral/thread/549c8895-6780-42f8-878f-2138214fdeb4
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 11:49 PM
  • are you sure John ? I myself have all-in-one iso and it prompted me to register my vb 10 express copy. registered it few days ago..

Thanks

Wednesday, May 5, 2010 5:30 AM
  • Same uncertainty here,

Used the Express 2010 ISO to install VB and it wants registration in 30 days - No problems registering online as I've tried this at home, but in my work application I have several machines that I want to upgrade from VB Express 2008 that cannot 'go online' for security reasons.

I can't easily unplug these PCs and take then somewhere else to connect and register them, since they are used as controllers for industrial robots etc. 

Wednesday, May 5, 2010 7:19 AM
  • This is correct. It doesn't matter how it is installed, for 2010 editions the software will require a product key after 30 days. I'm not aware of a workaround  at this time.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    Wednesday, May 5, 2010 12:31 PM
  • are you sure John ? I myself have all-in-one iso and it prompted me to register my vb 10 express copy. registered it few days ago..

Thanks

Hi Omie and Andy.W.Tull ,

It it just what I had read on these forums, I can't say it is 100% true or not as I have not tried the ISO versions.

Regards,

John

Please see this thread for Vb.Net learning links.>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vbgeneral/thread/549c8895-6780-42f8-878f-2138214fdeb4
    Wednesday, May 5, 2010 2:43 PM
  • Brilliant! - just make explorer the default browser allowed be to connect and sign up for the key code - thanks!
    Monday, January 31, 2011 5:00 AM
  • did a search and found the following ......2KQT8-HV27P-GTTV9-2WBVV-M7X96....cut and pasted in registration key field and worked fine.....cut and pasted here in hopes that others can save time
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 3:25 AM
  • I LOVE you whatsinaname2! NONE of the other suggestions helped at all!
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 1:10 AM
  • did a search and found the following ......2KQT8-HV27P-GTTV9-2WBVV-M7X96....cut and pasted in registration key field and worked fine.....cut and pasted here in hopes that others can save time

anyone has verified if this key is to be used for free ? moderators ?

Thanks

Social lounge for MSDN forum users :-)
    Living on Earth may be expensive, but did you know that it includes a free trip around the sun? Isn't that worth it?
    Friday, November 25, 2011 8:29 AM
  • Thanks whatsinaname2,

I have installed VB2010 on a stand-alone system (yes, people still use them!) and the registration assumes you have an internet connection. I cut and pasted the registration key shown in your note and it worked fine.

Thanks for posting it, I am sure you saved me lots of time!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 6:09 PM
  • Thanks whatsinaname Your reply should be at the top of the list of suggestions, as it is the only one that works.
    Saturday, February 18, 2012 3:40 AM