Trying to install Windows 10 on //Build Slate PC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I have a Samsung Slate PC from the //Build conference and currently running Windows 8 on it.  

It offered me the option to install Windows 10 on it, but it failed with the error:

"0x80070570-0x2000C Installation failed in the Safe_OS phase with an error during APPLY_IMAGE operation"

I'm pretty sure I updated the firmware as needed, and well as turned off secure boot in the bios.

Then I tried to install Windows 8.1 as an alternative path to Win10, but tells me I'm out of space.  I have a Windows.Old directory I'm trying to remove but won't let me in File Explorer.  I'll also tried Disk Cleanup but that didn't seem to free up the space either.

What should I try next?  My goal is just to get Windows 10 on this device.   Is that even supported and have others been successful in doing so?

thanks,

Matt

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 7:14 PM

All replies

• I had the same issue with error 0x80070570-0x2000C "SAFE_OS phase with an error during APPLY_IMAGE operation"

This made the upgrade succeed: 

1. Re-downloaded the W10 ENT ISO;

2. Extracted the ISO contents to a temp location;

3. Ejected the mounted ISO;

4. Uninstalled all major drivers from device manager (video, sound, network);

5. Uninstalled any driver packages from ‘Programs and features’ (chose no restart each time);

6. Ran W10 setup.exe from temp W10 installation files location;

7. Chose upgrade (keep files and settings), now setup completed without errors.

Friday, September 25, 2015 12:45 AM
  • Thank you, I will give that a try!!

Matt

Friday, October 2, 2015 6:08 AM