none
how to sent alerts with log content

Question

• I have Azure service, and want to get alerts for certain events/Logs, and want to send the log contents to email from application insights.  I can configure the alerts, and send out email, but don't know how to include the log content/message.  Can you please help? Thanks,

Spencer

Monday, December 3, 2018 7:29 AM

All replies

• It sounds like you are already familiar with our documentation on Metric alerts which has information about how to get alerts for specific events or logs.  Email alerts are designed to include a brief summary of the alert as well as a link so the reader can investigate the alert in more detail, but there are not many options to configure the body of the alert email.  You may want to look at using a webhook to notify non-Azure systems:

"You can use webhooks to route an Azure alert notification to other systems for post-processing or custom actions. You can use a webhook on an alert to route it to services that send SMS messages, to log bugs, to notify a team via chat or messaging services, or for various other actions."

I would encourage you to use the Azure tools for diagnosing alerts via the link included in alert emails but if you feel that you need a full copy of the log content in the alert email, you can submit your suggestion at:

https://feedback.azure.com/forums/357324-application-insights

Friday, December 7, 2018 10:02 PM