none
Winword2013 crashing RRS feed

Answers

• The problem because of the office still handling the document,

the bug code line was :

oAppWord.ActiveDocument.Close(ref oSaveChanges, ref missingValue, ref missingValue);

repaired to :

(oAppWord.ActiveDocument as _Document).Close(ref oSaveChanges, ref missingValue, ref missingValue);

Everything okey now.

Thnx,

Guys

• Marked as answer by khalil salhi Sunday, June 22, 2014 7:49 AM
    Sunday, June 22, 2014 7:49 AM

All replies

• Hello Khalil,

Did you try to debug the code? What line of code exactly causes the issue? Where do you run the code? Is it on the server side?

Thursday, June 19, 2014 11:01 AM
  • There is no exception at the code, the crashing message accepted from the word

and it didn't removed from the task manager untill i kill the winword.exe process.

Please see the attached log files accepted by winword.
    Thursday, June 19, 2014 11:10 AM
  • Hi Khalil

Could you please be more specific about what you mean by "winword started to be crashed programmatically "?

You've posted in the VSTO forum, but I get the feeling you're not using the VSTO technology. Is this a WinForms application? Console application? Something else?

What kinds of things are you doing in Word, programmatically? It's quite possible that you're using something that works differently in 2013, which is causing problems. I have no idea what that might be, but if you can describe what parts of the object model you're using / how you're working with Word that might give us some ideas...

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Thursday, June 19, 2014 6:12 PM
  • Did you try to debug the code?

What line of code exactly causes the issue?

Friday, June 20, 2014 11:45 AM
  • The problem because of the office still handling the document,

the bug code line was :

oAppWord.ActiveDocument.Close(ref oSaveChanges, ref missingValue, ref missingValue);

repaired to :

(oAppWord.ActiveDocument as _Document).Close(ref oSaveChanges, ref missingValue, ref missingValue);

Everything okey now.

Thnx,

Guys

• Marked as answer by khalil salhi Sunday, June 22, 2014 7:49 AM
    Sunday, June 22, 2014 7:49 AM