Drawing lines - difference between screen and PDF/Printer output - Reporting Services 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having a lot of problems with drawing lines in a report, and on screen they show "ok" but when actually printing it, some lines would have different weighting. Also wanted to draw a double line (property) however it doesn't print out correctly. The "hack" was to draw two separate lines and place them underneath each other (not very elegant). Are these known issues?

I'm using SSRS from Visual Studio on a Dynamics AX (Operations) OneBox.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 3:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Kevin Formosa,

So your issue is when printing the lines, they will change the format somehow, right? Is it OK when you view the report from SSRS BIDS? Also, what about the results after exporting the report to PDF? 

If the issue is only related to the printing, I suggest you could first export the report to PDF file, if there is no issue, then try to print it out. Otherwise the issue could be related to the print settings. 

Reference: Enable and Disable Client-Side Printing for Reporting Services

Print Reports from a Browser with the Print Control (Report Builder and SSRS)

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 7:36 AM
  • PDF and printer give same output.

Problem is: I make a box with 1pt all-round border. When printing to PDF, it shows 3 lines ok (1pt) and 1 line (say top one) with a higher weight - say 1.6pt. Problem also when setting line as double.

Am I the only one having these issues? This is for Dynamics AX (Operations) and have been told to report these here - on this forum.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 9:30 AM