build a multi tenant app RRS feed

• Question

• User2058142503 posted

hi,
    im trying to build my first multi-tenant application, i used a shared database and it is complete now, i want to build the app now, and i tried this approach: all urls in the app have the following form ~/user/page.aspx(user directory is logical) where user is the current user, which is saved in a session after he logs in.
    when the user requests a page, say ~/user/profile.aspx, he is routed to the real page ~/profile.aspx and then his data are retrieved from the database..
    i dont think this is how multi tenant applications work, but i couldnt think of another method,
    help plz

thanks 

Sunday, January 24, 2010 6:21 AM

Answers

• User78336405 posted

Hi,

I think ASP.NET User Profiles is one method to do that. The profile feature allows you to define and store per-user settings to be used throughout your application. Settings can also be stored in an anonymous profile while users are not logged in, and then migrated to a logged-in user profile at a later time.

For more details, please refer:http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/profile/default.aspx .

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 1:54 AM