How to Add New Column in Ads Table RRS feed

• Question

• User-1041416522 posted

Hi,

I want to add or extend 2  additional  columns into Ads table. Does anybody know what are the necessary files do I need to edit and line number in the scripts

in order for me to insert the data in the newly added colums?

Does anybody can help me about this? Thanks in advance for your help!

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 10:26 AM

All replies

• User730446648 posted

There's a lot of files you will need to modify, you might what to copy your work in progress periodically so you'll have backups, just in case. I'ld start with the "classifieds_Ads" Database. and stored procedures.

I got mine to work by copying one of the originals, I think it was, "AdType" and just duplicate what ever was done with adtype do the same with your new columns. If you get stuck use the debugging tool to help you out. And the "output-formatting" file that uses adtype is not neccessary to copy.

There was two files that got me at first, In the Databases, after you entered your new column in Ads, Expand the Views folder, and go into "ClassifiedsView_Ads" and check the check box at your new column.

And in your solutions explorer, assuming your using visual web developer, expand "App_Code" & "DAL" right click on "Ads.xsd" and click on view code, again make your changes.

Here's a tip though, the first time I loaded two new colums I was just putting them in, I'm still not 100% sure, but I think it mattered only in the "Ads.xds" you need to keep them in the same order, example.. location, new1, new2 new3. If you mix it up a little bit you may get information uploaded to the wrong column.

If you still can't get it upload a list of what files you changed and I'll tell you which one still needs modification.

Good luck, and don't forget to mark your tag as answered if you get it.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 3:46 PM
  • User-1041416522 posted
    Thank you for the detailed answer. I will work on this one!
    Wednesday, April 18, 2007 4:26 PM
  • User730446648 posted

It seems a lot of people are asking the same question so I posted it over here.

http://forums.asp.net/1677023/ShowThread.aspx#1677023

Sunday, April 22, 2007 11:13 PM