Debatching flat file inside orchestration RRS feed

• Question

• I have a flat file schema with different records under root node, and min occurs and max occurs for all the records is one. I used a receive pipeline with flat file dissembler to debatch the records. I am receieving the debatched records with root node on the top of each record node into my orchestration. My requirement is to get only record nodes with no root node on the top of record node.
    I will be using each record(xml message) for mapping to different destination messages inside the orchestration.Can anybody help me finding the solution.
    I tried with xpath but could not find the solution. 

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 9:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• Didn't get, why roots prevent you from right mapping? They shouldn't.
    Can you, please, give us the samples?
    Leonid Ganeline [BizTalk MVP] Biztalkien blog
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 10:55 PM
  • My flat file schema looks like below.

root
            record1
              element1
              element2
            record2
              element3
              element4
            record3
              element5
              element6

after debatching in the custom pipeline with flat file dissembler I am getting the records 

root
     record1

root
     record2

into my orchestration.

My existing maps  are based on record1 as root node. so I need to get the debatched records with rootnodes record1,record2... into my orchestration.How can I implement this in my orchestration. Please let me know if anything is not clear.

Thursday, March 18, 2010 1:34 AM
  • Would you please post your flat file schema if possible? It could be problem with the flat file schema.
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 6:01 AM
  • Please, give us the very first FF doc example and the very last result doc.
    Leonid Ganeline [BizTalk MVP] Biztalkien blog
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 6:16 AM
  • How you tried to implement xpath ? xpath inside orchestration helps to split and read the xml messages.
    You can nevigate your record element with the help of loop shape inside orchestration.

This might be helpful regarding the logic of splitting message: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/biztalkgeneral/thread/294bdf54-8ec7-4619-b6eb-12ad6ab81e68

Also you can find examples, articles and discussion in this forum regarding the use of xpath inside orchestration

Please mark it as Answer if this answers your question
    Thanks.
    Mo
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 6:38 AM
  • Hi 

Check debatch sample in orcehstration

the source is SQL DB but you can use it if you have your flat file schema
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 8:39 AM