none
db2 and oracle adapters

Question

• <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} span.EmailStyle15 {mso-style-type:personal; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-ansi-font-size:11.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; color:windowtext;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Hi All,
    I am using BizTalk 2009 and I am trying to create BizTalk application that retrieve data from DB2 and insert it into Oracle.
    I have setup HIS 2009 but tell now I can't find the DB2 adapter in BizTalk Adapters list.
    I need to use Db2 and oracle adapter without any way around
    if anyone have clear answer???

Regards,
    Mohammed Atef

Sunday, July 5, 2009 11:51 AM

Answers

• Hi

I believe the adapter is a seperate download with lots of other adapters. Taken from MSDN downloads:

BizTalk Server 2009 Accelerators Enterprise Edition (x86 and x64) - CD (English)
    BizTalk Server 2009 Accelerators Standard Edition (x86 and x64) - CD (English)
    BizTalk Server 2009 Adapters for Host Systems 2.0 Developer Edition (x86 and x64) - CD (English)
    BizTalk Server 2009 Adapters for Host Systems 2.0 Enterprise Edition (x86 and x64) - CD (English)
    BizTalk Server 2009 Line of Business Adapters (x86 and x64) - CD (English)

I am not sure which one contains the DB2 adapter...

eliasen, representing himself and not the company he works for.
    Three times MVP and three times MCTS in BizTalk.
    Blog: http://blog.eliasen.dk
    • Marked as answer by Mohamedatef Tuesday, July 7, 2009 8:31 AM
    Monday, July 6, 2009 7:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The BizTalk DB2 adapter is part of the Host Integration Server 2009. You will need to install HIS on the machine where you need the DB2 adapter.

Thanks
    Sai
    Sai Shankar - MSFT ----- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm.
    Monday, July 6, 2009 1:46 AM
  • Hi

I believe the adapter is a seperate download with lots of other adapters. Taken from MSDN downloads:

BizTalk Server 2009 Accelerators Enterprise Edition (x86 and x64) - CD (English)
    BizTalk Server 2009 Accelerators Standard Edition (x86 and x64) - CD (English)
    BizTalk Server 2009 Adapters for Host Systems 2.0 Developer Edition (x86 and x64) - CD (English)
    BizTalk Server 2009 Adapters for Host Systems 2.0 Enterprise Edition (x86 and x64) - CD (English)
    BizTalk Server 2009 Line of Business Adapters (x86 and x64) - CD (English)

I am not sure which one contains the DB2 adapter...

eliasen, representing himself and not the company he works for.
    Three times MVP and three times MCTS in BizTalk.
    Blog: http://blog.eliasen.dk
    • Marked as answer by Mohamedatef Tuesday, July 7, 2009 8:31 AM
    Monday, July 6, 2009 7:02 AM
  • Hi eliasen,
    I think you are right let me try to download the above file and update you later
    regards,
    mohammed atef
    Monday, July 6, 2009 7:21 AM
  • Thank you Eliasen,
    I have configured DB2 adapter by installing

Thanks for your help.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009 8:29 AM
  • For All,
    you can find details about my problem and how it is solved at
    http://mohammedatef.wordpress.com/2009/07/07/configure-db2-adapter-in-biztalk-2009/

Regards,
    Mohammed Atef

Tuesday, July 7, 2009 8:46 AM