Sharing Code Between Applications.. RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, here's my situation.  I need to use code from another application in my application.  When I add this module to my app, there is a mess of code thats being called from other routines in the other app, not mine that's causing errors.  Short of adding all the other routines in my app is there anyway to avoid this.

Is there a way to just use the 1 function I need without copying it from that other app?

Hope this makes sence...

jb

Monday, January 29, 2007 3:51 PM

Answers

• Well appearently the module makes references to other classes or modules in the other application....if all you want is a single function to be used then it is best to either just copy the needed function to the new project or clean up the module to make it completely portable so that it is independent of any other classes or modules
    Monday, January 29, 2007 3:55 PM

All replies

• Well appearently the module makes references to other classes or modules in the other application....if all you want is a single function to be used then it is best to either just copy the needed function to the new project or clean up the module to make it completely portable so that it is independent of any other classes or modules
    Monday, January 29, 2007 3:55 PM
  • I was afraid this was going to be the answer.

Thank you.

jb

Monday, January 29, 2007 4:11 PM