none
ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified + BizTalk 2006 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

I am trying to get the WCF Oracle Adapter talking to Oracle on my local VM but am hitting the below error and a stone wall :)

My VM spec is:

- Win2k3

- SQL Server 2005

- Visual Studio 2005

- BizTalk 2006 R2

- BizTalk Adapter Pack 2.0

- Oracle Express DB Server 10g

- Oracle client 11g with ODP.NET

- SQL Developer for Oracle

I have created a dummy DB and I am able to connect to it from SQL Developer for Oracle using the TNS connection, so as far as I am aware my tnsnames.ora file is working correctly from this. 

I have had a look at this post and also created ORACLE_HOME Environment variables to point to the Oracle Client @ C:\app\Administrator\product\11.1.0\

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/biztalkr2adapters/thread/5dc0721f-d7aa-4342-b191-09d7d4f7b2e3

The Messaging Engine failed to add a receive location "Receive Location1" with URL "oracledb://XE" to the adapter "WCF-Custom". Reason: "Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.ConnectionException: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified ---> Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified    at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException.HandleErrorHelper(Int32 errCode, OracleConnection conn, IntPtr opsErrCtx, OpoSqlValCtx* pOpoSqlValCtx, Object src, String procedure, Boolean bCheck)

Any one got any idea's as to what I have configured wrong?

Cheers

Thursday, May 20, 2010 3:14 AM

Answers

All replies