PDF Dot Matrix Printer RRS feed

• Question

• User289987022 posted

It is always printing the Page in poor format. i need to print in fine, same as the .PDF file but the output is n0t same as .PDF content. I am using EPSON FX 2190 printer.

Please help me out.!!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 5:57 AM

Answers

• User1759999623 posted

I suspect that either the resolution is set too high for a dot matrix printer or the PDF fonts will not look right in a dot matrix format.  So, I would try reducing the resolution to the lowest possible setting.  Otherwise, the dot matrix is just too old of a technology to be usable, in this case. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 9:16 AM

All replies

• User1759999623 posted

Are you using the proper printer driver?  In many cases, your issue with poor formatting will be associated with not having the proper dot-matrix printer driver.

Can you print a PDF file on this driver without issue?  If so, then you can export to a PDF and then print. 

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 9:17 AM
  • User289987022 posted

Thank you for the response.There is not any problem with '.txt' file made from notepad, it prints fine from my dotmatrix printer. I have already exported my content to pdf file from crystal report. but the result is same as before. The content font are unreadable after printing the file.

My pdf file prints fine with laser print but exactly not getting my solution with dot matrix printer.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 4:35 AM
  • User1759999623 posted

I suspect that either the resolution is set too high for a dot matrix printer or the PDF fonts will not look right in a dot matrix format.  So, I would try reducing the resolution to the lowest possible setting.  Otherwise, the dot matrix is just too old of a technology to be usable, in this case. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 9:16 AM