none
Creating a Custom Team Site Template for Publishing Site Collection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I am creating a custom Team Site template using Web Template (sandbox solution). It's working if i deploy this solution on a Team Site site collection but not working with Publishing type site collection.

Please help.

Thanks in Advance!

Neetu Tanwar Software Developer

Friday, October 31, 2014 11:27 AM

Answers

• Well, publishing sites in SharePoint has much more than just the publishing feature. It includes special webparts to the masterpage and a unique hierarchy of form pages. So, Custom Team Site template will not work with publishing site.

If you like to have this running the n i will suggest to create the site definitions. Site definitions have so many advantages over templates or follow below article to create Publishing web template : 

Step by step creation of new publishing web template:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vesku/archive/2010/10/14/sharepoint-2010-and-web-templates.aspx#webtemplate

If my contribution helps you, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful

Thanks, ShankarSingh(MCP)

• Marked as answer by JasonGuo Saturday, November 8, 2014 2:32 PM
    Friday, October 31, 2014 1:33 PM

All replies

• Well, publishing sites in SharePoint has much more than just the publishing feature. It includes special webparts to the masterpage and a unique hierarchy of form pages. So, Custom Team Site template will not work with publishing site.

If you like to have this running the n i will suggest to create the site definitions. Site definitions have so many advantages over templates or follow below article to create Publishing web template : 

Step by step creation of new publishing web template:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vesku/archive/2010/10/14/sharepoint-2010-and-web-templates.aspx#webtemplate

If my contribution helps you, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful

Thanks, ShankarSingh(MCP)

• Marked as answer by JasonGuo Saturday, November 8, 2014 2:32 PM
    Friday, October 31, 2014 1:33 PM
  • Hi Neetu,

Is Nikhil's suggestion helpful to you?

Best regards,

Patrick

Patrick Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, November 7, 2014 9:08 AM