none
Visual Studio 2015 crashes while editing

Question

• VS2015 crashes and restarts while editing a C# project. Whenever a word is underlined as unrecognized (due to renaming variables, pasting code into another class, etc.) when I click on it or move the cursor on it, or edit it (so the cursor is on it) the studio hangs for a minute, then crashes and restarts.

How can I turn off the feature which crashes or even know which feature is the problem?
    (I don't even know which feature is that - I tried turning off a lot of IntelliSense features but that didn't solve the problem)

Some other info:

- I have VS15 Preview 2 installed

- I have the latest VS2015 Update (as of 1 July 2015)

- I have ReSharper Ultimate. Disabling it and restarting doesn't solve the issue.

- I disabled Code Lens, a lot of IntelliSense features etc. didn't solve the issue

- I deleted AppData/Local/Microsoft/VisualStudio and ./VSCommon but that didn't solve the issue

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 6:33 AM

Answers

All replies

• Here is a screenshot of what I get just before the studio crashes:

http://imgur.com/XuaBdR1

Code pasted from another class is highlighted as error.

The name 'SomeName' does not exist in the current context

and

Cannot resolve symbol 'SomeName'

When I click or select the symbol it crashes and restarts.

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 7:39 AM
  • It seems to be related to the following issue:

https://github.com/dotnet/roslyn/issues/12317

Installing Roslyn.VisualStudio.vsix from the end of the thread seems to solve the problem (removing the Update 3 didn't)

Thursday, July 7, 2016 5:05 AM
  • Hi Alerad,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to hear you have had your issue resolved. And thanks for sharing us your solution and result here.

If you think your reply is helpful, please mark your reply as the answer, it will benefit to other community members who have the same issue. It will be easier for them to search the solution.

Have a nice day:)

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, July 7, 2016 7:17 AM