Visual Studio Online Professional RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am trying to get hold of your cloud servers for Visual Studio Online Professional. Once I opt for this, do I need to install software in my local box? How I do development? in my local box or online? if it is online, what is the speed of internet?
    Monday, June 23, 2014 12:46 PM

Answers

• Hi Sriramanat,

You might have a misunderstanding about Visual Studio Online(formerly Team Foundation Service), it's a cloud-based service and with no infrastructure to manage. To work with Visual Studio Online, we need to install Team Explorer on local machine to connect to team projects that hosted in Visual Studio Online. See this page for more information about Visual Studio Online.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 8:31 AM
  • Hi Sriramanat

As Charles said.  www.visualstudio.com is essentially Team Foundation Server 2013 in the cloud.

It supports Version Control, Application Lifecycle Management etc.

You will still need software installed locally to work with it e.g. Visual Studio Pro,  Team Explorer, Eclipse etc.

Please do not be confused by the Visual Studio monica it is not an online software development environment, however, it can support most software development environments.

HTH

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 10:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Sriramanat,

You might have a misunderstanding about Visual Studio Online(formerly Team Foundation Service), it's a cloud-based service and with no infrastructure to manage. To work with Visual Studio Online, we need to install Team Explorer on local machine to connect to team projects that hosted in Visual Studio Online. See this page for more information about Visual Studio Online.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 8:31 AM
  • Hi Sriramanat

As Charles said.  www.visualstudio.com is essentially Team Foundation Server 2013 in the cloud.

It supports Version Control, Application Lifecycle Management etc.

You will still need software installed locally to work with it e.g. Visual Studio Pro,  Team Explorer, Eclipse etc.

Please do not be confused by the Visual Studio monica it is not an online software development environment, however, it can support most software development environments.

HTH

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 10:46 AM