none
Editing a Custom Attribute for a User in Azure AD B2C RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Azure AD B2C Tenant. I created a custom attribute called SUBSCRIBER. The value for this field won't be completed by the user when he signs up. It will be added through the Azure Portal. The Admin will login to the Azure portal, go to the AD B2C users, select the user and then update. But I don't see this custom attribute in the PROFILE view of that user.

How can I update the SUBSCRIBER for any user? What settings that I need to use so to show this SUBSCRIBER field in the profile view so I can update that for customers? If I can't do that, which API should I use to update the customer's fields after the user has been created.

Thursday, May 30, 2019 2:35 AM

All replies

• Have you added the custom attribute to your user flow.  When you add a new custom attribute and create a new user using the user flow which uses the newly created custom attribute, the attribute will be available for sign-up journey start appearing in the token sent back to your application.
    Saturday, June 1, 2019 12:03 AM
  • My question is about updating in the Azure Portal and not part of the user flow / policy.
    Sunday, June 2, 2019 2:00 PM
  • I do not think that it is possible as as a custom attribute is only created the first time it is used in any user flow, and not when you add it to the list of User attributes.  Once you creates a user using the user flow then you can query the object using Azure AD Graph Explorer or you can use "Run User Flow" feature on the user flow to verify it.
    Thursday, June 27, 2019 9:38 PM