none
Interop performance on Net 2.0 RRS feed

• Question

• We're upgrading a WinForms application that consumes an ActiveX control from Net 1.1 framework to Net 2.0.
    The ActiveX Control communicates with a remote server via TCP/IP. Each time it receive a notificaction from remote server it fires an event with the corresponding data. Server may send many notifications each second (stock data). Everithing performed quite fine on Net 1.1 version but after upgrade the application has experienced a dramatic perfomance dregadation. After a performance analysys, I've noticed that most of CPU time is expanded when reading notifications from activex control (COM data).
    Any Idea? How can I customize the Wrapper created by Visual Studio when the COM referenced is added?

Thanks!!!
    Daní
    Wednesday, September 10, 2008 1:40 PM

All replies

• Daní said:

How can I customize the Wrapper created by Visual Studio when the COM referenced is added?

You can create the wrapper manually with Tlbimp.exe, that gives you some more flexibility. But I don't see why that would fix your perf problems.

Mattias, C# MVP
    Thursday, September 11, 2008 7:39 AM
  • The interop assembly is not your problem.  It contains no code, just interface declarations.  Without knowing anything about the ActiveX control, I can't make a decent guess.
    Hans Passant.
    Thursday, September 11, 2008 8:53 AM
  • That's what I supose, but I cannot imagine where the matter is. I have disassembled the Interop Net1.1 and Net2.0 wrapper and they are exactly equals. I tried to compile the Net 2.0 application referencing the Net 1.1 Activex Wrapper and performance was quite better.
    Daní
    Thursday, September 11, 2008 3:39 PM