Sharepoint 2010 Search Engine Optimization RRS feed

• Question

• Guys,

I am working on SEO for my sharepoint 2010 website.
    They are jsut regular sharpeoint asp.net pages created with SPD.

can someone suggest some how to do this. Do i have to create static pages and have keywords in them along with code to redirect them to the real sharepoint dynamic pages.

please suggest.

thanks

Monday, November 28, 2011 5:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• Have you read these general tip: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/opal/archive/2010/04/23/sharepoint-2010-search-engine-optimization-seo-tips.aspx?

By sharepoint dynamic page, i think you mean SharePoint pages that is stored in the content database. By static page, i think you mean HTML page stored on file system. I don't think you need to create static page and redirect to sharepoint page.

By the way, if you mean 302 redirect vs 301 redirect, the link i provide above also contains solution.
    • Proposed as answer by Paul Turner _ Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:54 AM
    • Edited by GuYuming Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by GuYuming Monday, December 5, 2011 3:16 AM
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:45 AM
  • thanks GuYuming, 

After reading the article couple questions that i have in mind without which this is still not possible and the document does not cover it are :

a. All my pages are created by the "new page" option in Sharepoint and uses the default Page layout. And as long as the page is attached to this page layout i can only add the keywords to the page layout and not the page. So how to handle this situation, should i just deattach the page layout and add keywords to it or create a new page layout for every page which i need to SEO

b. It is the keywords or description metadata tags that search engines use?

c. Finally does creating a sitemap help at all?

thanks

Thursday, December 1, 2011 8:05 PM
  • according to the link above, description instead of keywords tags is used.

Monday, December 5, 2011 3:17 AM