none
HLK client is not going to Ready State RRS feed

• Question

• On Windows 10, HLK client on server is not setting to 'ready' state.When changed the Machine state to 'Ready',Client is in 'initializing' state for long time and going back to 'not ready' state.Tried uninstalling and installing client but with of no use.I faced this issue with 'Domain-joined Environment' deployment.

With 'Workgroup' deployment, client is not showing under 'default pool'. Either ways i am expecting a solution.

Followed all prerequisite that are necessary to make a setup but ended with no result.

Friday, August 28, 2015 8:01 AM

All replies

• Hello,

It looks your install procedure and environment setup are not correct,

please reference the install guide, then see if something different.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn915002(v=vs.85).aspx

Richard

Friday, August 28, 2015 11:52 AM
  • Richards,

I have already made setup with windows 8 and ran test cases.I tried the same way with Windows 10.

I feel, from my side everything is correct.I had a prior experience in making the HLK setup and run tests.

My client machine is showing in the server but unable to change the state of my machine.

I followed the same procedure that you shared.

Best Regards,

Dadagouda

Friday, August 28, 2015 12:54 PM
  • OK. I see,

so, do you install windows 10 and HLk with RTM version 10240?

and, your Server is installed by Server 2008 or Server 2012 R2?

because I used to encounter this issue when I installed Server 2008

although System Requirement say Server 2008 is OK , but I still got this issue.

I install Server 2012 R2 x64 to fix this problem.

hope it is helpful

Richard

Saturday, August 29, 2015 2:26 PM
  • Not Sure if this is still relevant, But for others I can witness of having the same problem.

After uninstalling, I rebooted the machine, when I've noticed that the DTMLLUAdminUser was logged in and maybe preventing the new client being installed correctly.

So after rebooting and installing the client again machine became ready.

Igal

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 9:38 AM
  • Hi I am trying WHQL setup for windows 10. I have installed Win2016server(1607) and windows 10 client (1709).

Now I can see client PC name in HLK studio at server side but the state is "Initializing" and "Unknown platform". ( I have not connected any test device so far.). I am doing this setup first itme.

What is solution.

• Edited by SamLokh Saturday, October 20, 2018 9:23 AM
    Saturday, October 20, 2018 9:19 AM