none
Kinect v2 Mixing ColorStream with Face. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I am an university student and I recently started working with Kinect v2.0. I am trying to create a HD Face mesh while having the Color camera activated in the background after clicking a buttom (in order to get something like Face in Kinect 1.8). I have already created both classes and the aplication doesn't show any kind of error but it only display the ColorFrame through the viewbox item in the .xaml. I have tried to create a DrawingContext item in which I draw the mesh but as I said before nothing happens. Could the ColorFrame stream be overlaying the DrawingContext?.
    Tuesday, March 17, 2015 8:52 AM

Answers

• Drawing color on a mesh requires a vertex and pixel shader. Drawing the mesh just requires a 3-D Drawing context. You can get the 3-D drawing context from WPF using 3D-Model and the ViewPort. Check out this tutorial here: WPF 3-D Tutorial

If you want to draw on top of your 3D model you can interop DirectX with WPF using this tutorial here:

Sr. Enterprise Architect | Trainer | Consultant | MCT | MCSD | MCPD | SharePoint TS | MS Virtual TS |Windows 8 App Store Developer | Linux Gentoo Geek | Raspberry Pi Owner | Micro .Net Developer | Kinect For Windows Device Developer |blog: http://dgoins.wordpress.com

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 8:00 PM