none
Best Way to start RRS feed

• Question

• hi guys

i am a senoir computer engeneering studen, though bit rusty on my coding skills

been a very long time since a delt with an SDK

so here is what i am trying to do

train the kinect to recognize the user ( track a specefic guy within crown maybe after a certain gesture is done )

scroll to the right and left with hand gestures

when you chose a game it will lunch and load a specefied set of gestures ( and maybe combined with some sound commands ) that will be mapped to the keyboard, much like the FAAST software does

and thats pretty much it

i delt with FAAST and NIController but wanted to use the kinect for more customization

any ideas on where to start and what of the shelv projects can help ? i mean how can i record the gesturess and use them ? same with sound ? will i have to deal with the depth sensor raw data ?

i am trully a noob at this :D

regards

ahmed

Friday, November 11, 2011 2:05 AM

All replies

• Hi Ahmed,

I encourage you to download the Kinect for Windows Beta 2 SDK and try out the samples. The SkeletalViewer-WPF is a very nice sample which will show you how to get back skeletal data. Once you have skeletal data, you can begin to play around with various techniques to recognize what the user is doing.

Since you mentioned that your coding skills are rusty, I'd recommend looking at C#. C# is pretty easy to pick up, and there are lots of resources available to you on the Internet with tons of samples available.

Robert.

• Proposed as answer by ykbharat Sunday, May 6, 2012 12:00 PM
    Friday, November 11, 2011 4:29 AM
  • thanks robert

but i gotta ask that before starting

how does the kinect recognize the user in the sdk ? in other companies implementations i've seen wave gesture , and and X gesture

+

where is the best place to find some existing projects ?

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 6:43 AM