Adding a reason for specific transition ("" to "New") Agile Template, TFS 2017 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have added two reasons for a following transition: from "" to "New"

But only the reason that is chosen right after the new Task is created will remain and I won't be able to change it afterwards, once it is saved.

In our case, we have defined two reasons for this transition. The default reason is "Planned" and second reason value is "Approved". So, when Task is created I can choose between these two reasons, but after I save the Task, I cannot change the reason.

It is logical, because we don't have that same transition anymore (from "" to "New"), so my question here is, what would you suggest us to do, how to manage to have option to choose between various reasons for Tasks that appear in New column ?

With best regards,

Sanja

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 8:42 AM

All replies

• Hello Sanja Alimpijevic,

Please check this article, it would definitely help you to correctly add and process new states for your work item!

Cheers,

Alex

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 9:29 AM
  • Hi Sanja Alimpijevic,

The reasons are defined in transitions. After the transition, you could not change the reason for that transition any more.

Since there are only one transition from "" to New, so you could only choose "Planned" or "Approved" when you create a new task.

On my opinion, you set two reasons for "" to New is not appropriate. You could add a customized state such as "Begin", and define a transition from "New" to "Begin", and set "Planned" and "Approved" as its reasons.

Best Regards

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 2:56 AM