none
500 table limit on Navision 2013 SQL DB acting as member database in an SQL Data Sync?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Inspired by Demilianis "Using SQL Data Sync with Microsoft Dynamics NAV on-premise and Azure SQL Database" I would like to sync 20 tables from our Navision 2013 (Dynamics NAV 7.0) database to an Azure database using SQL Data Sync.

This in order to have our Business Analysis SW work on the NAV data without interfering with the Navision ERP system.

However I am now told it cannot be done as the Navision DB has more than 500 tables? 

I know of the 500 table limit but till now believed it's solely a limit on a Sync Group so it will be no problem to sync 20 tables out of a large Navision 2013 database.

Can I go on with the idea or??

Best regards

Monday, November 25, 2019 7:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Riteman2,

Please see the following blog with regard to implementing a large scale Azure Data Sync solution: Sync SQL data in large scale using Azure SQL Data Sync

Please see the section entitled. "Sync data between databases with many tables". The solution is to implement multiple sync groups.

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Regards,

Mike

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 4:44 AM
  • Thanks Mike

as I read the document to sync 20 tables from a large (>>500 tables) Navision database we only need to set up 1 (one) sync group using a Database User who has been given access to less than 500 tables?

Regards

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 9:32 AM
  • This is correct. You can select the specific tables you would like to sync. In the Configure Sync Group section of the documentation, you are presented with all the tables available to be synched. Please note that tables without a Primary Key are not supported. Please see the FAQ section of additional information.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Regards,

Mike

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 5:57 PM