none
Regenerate the classes created by object relational mapper RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I have used Object Relational Mapper to generate a bunch of classes which describe pack of my tables (used Server Explorer and just drag and dropped needed tables).

After I have all the needed classes I have altered mentioned tables in SQL (added\dropped several columns, altered datatypes for some columns). I need to somehow 'regenerate'existing classes, which were created by O\R mapper so that they match actuall schema. Is it possible somehow?

Thursday, October 10, 2013 3:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Makc;

Go to the design surface of the O\R mapper and right click on the design surface, a place where no objects have been placed, and select "Update Model from Database...". That will get it all in sync.

Fernando (MCSD)

If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 3:50 PM