locked
Error 1418 High Safety with Automatic Failover RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi All,

    I am having some issues with a test build for a SQL Server 2008 SP2 build using High Saefty with Automatic Failover, the system is currently 3 test servers (principal, backup and witness box), all three machines are running on Windows Server 2008R2 and are all virtual running on VSphere 4.

    When the data has been backed up from the principal database and then restored (using NO RECOVERY option) to the backup server and then going into the mirroring section of the Principal server database I am getting the error "The server network address "TCP://servaname.domainname:5022" can not be reached or does not exist. Check the network address name and that the ports for the local and remote endpoints are operational. (Microsoft SQLServer, Error: 1418)"

    I have tried this using a 2003 Server setup and the error is not replicated, additionally also have tried on physical hardware with 2003 Server and no issues, but same problems with 2008 on physical hardware.

    I have disabled the inbuilt firewalls on 2008 on all machines and for good measured opened up the endpoint ports just in case WIndows is having any funy moments but still no joy, I have even gone as far as building the machines on a seperate VMWare hardware version to see if the issues are down to this.

    Any further advice greatly appreciated as I have gone through pretty much everything I can think of including manually creating the endpoints using SQL.

    If any further details are required please ask away.

    Thanks,

    Izekiel

    Monday, October 11, 2010 12:16 PM

Answers

  • 1. Did you also restore one transaction log backup?
    2. Whats the service account? Make sure its domain account not LocalSystem

    Ping me at blakhani _at_ koolmail _dot_ in for faster troubleshooting.
    Balmukund Lakhani | Please mark solved if I've answered your question
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/blakhani
    Team Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/sqlserverfaq
    • Marked as answer by Izekiel Monday, October 11, 2010 12:41 PM
    Monday, October 11, 2010 12:31 PM

All replies

  • 1. Did you also restore one transaction log backup?
    2. Whats the service account? Make sure its domain account not LocalSystem

    Ping me at blakhani _at_ koolmail _dot_ in for faster troubleshooting.
    Balmukund Lakhani | Please mark solved if I've answered your question
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/blakhani
    Team Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/sqlserverfaq
    • Marked as answer by Izekiel Monday, October 11, 2010 12:41 PM
    Monday, October 11, 2010 12:31 PM
  • Wouldn't you know that after all the tweaking and changing I've been doing I forgot to change the service account to be a domain one! Thanks Balmukund for the extra set of eyes!
    Monday, October 11, 2010 12:49 PM