OracleDBBinding request response port is throwing error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts,

We have a OracleDBBinding port which used to select the records from a view in Oracle Database. The error is like

Details:"Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.TargetSystemException: ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation ---> Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException: ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation

When we tried to run the same select query in the Database directly, it takes more than 2 minutes to return response. So not sure if this triggering the BizTalk error. I triedthe below suggestion in one of the forums

At the Transport Advance Options at the send port,

1. Set the Retry count to 0

2. Checked the Ordered delivery checkbox

It didn't work. Also found an but article not sure how to add the time out in the orchestration

In the MessageAssignment I set as

Message_DBRequest(WCF.BindingConfiguration) =  "<binding name=\"oracleDBBinding\" sendTimeout= \"00:05:00\" />";

But it throws error like

But Message_DBRequest is of type Abc.OracleDBBindingView_VW_ABC.Select . I am not sure how to fix the issue.

• Edited by vdha Friday, March 3, 2017 6:26 PM
    Friday, March 3, 2017 6:25 PM

Answers

• Hi

As you have figured out, the port operation is timing out. 

Are you getting errors with this syntax? Where exactly is the error in the MessageAssignment shape
    ? If you remove the below line, does it compile?

Message_DBRequest(WCF.BindingConfiguration) =  "<binding name=\"oracleDBBinding\" sendTimeout= \"00:05:00\" />";

If the above line is causing issues, try with a different syntax like-

SQL_Request(WCF.BindingConfiguration)=@”<binding name=””oracleDBBinding”” sendTimeout=””00:10:00″” />”;

Thanks Arindam

• Marked as answer by vdha Tuesday, March 7, 2017 5:24 PM
    Saturday, March 4, 2017 5:26 AM