default IDE control font RRS feed

• Question

• How do you set the default font for all development in Visual Studio 2005 (or V C# Express).  Currently, when I create a new form and place controls on it they always default to Microsoft Sans Serif, 8.25pt, I want tahoma, but don't want to have to constantly change it.  I have look all over but only see fint settings pertaining to the coding environ.

Thanks.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 3:08 PM

Answers

• There is no setting that allows you to change this.

Control (which Form derives from) actually gets it default font from the static Control.DefaultFont property.

Unfortunately, this font defaults to MS Sans Serif, instead of the better looking Tahoma.

What you can do though, is to create a base form that sets its font to the font you want, and then make all your forms derive from it.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 9:31 PM

All replies

• There is no setting that allows you to change this.

Control (which Form derives from) actually gets it default font from the static Control.DefaultFont property.

Unfortunately, this font defaults to MS Sans Serif, instead of the better looking Tahoma.

What you can do though, is to create a base form that sets its font to the font you want, and then make all your forms derive from it.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 9:31 PM
  • Oh well, at least I can change the forms font and it changes all the controls to the same.

Thanks.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 9:35 PM