Light Switch - create company catalog and Cook Book - is it doable? RRS feed

• Question

• hi all -

(about Light Switch apps)

I need to design and create a new catalog to the firm I work (we have many HW and SW part numbers, chips, CD/DVD/ SW versions, modems).

We need to have a new cook-book for our sales-people world-wide. I was thinking to design a drill-down questionnaire - from hi-level queries down to our marketing part-numbers. I plan to create "lots" of "tables" with "Queries" and logic-connections (one-2-one, one-2-many, & etc relationships). What do u think? Maybe there are already prepared drivers like that in the web.

Did anyone of you used Light-Switch to run such project? pls advice.  Yuval Granit (I work for AudioCom dot com NASADQ >> AUDC). 10nx

Monday, March 10, 2014 11:19 AM

Answers

• From our experiences LightSwitch would be very suitable for that. It would be an ideal platform to rapidly build a proof of concept app.

Whatever you decide on you should try to put together a decent set of requirements and a good data design. This makes everything afterwards a lot easier.

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Friday, March 21, 2014 12:49 AM
    Monday, March 10, 2014 12:49 PM