none
SharePoint Designer 2013 Workflow error

Question

• I am trying to migrate our on-prem SharePoint to SharePoint online. Some of our workflows have custom actions so I have to kind of recreate them so they work with online which I can't see where it support custom actions. Anyway, I recreated this workflow and I am receiving an error:

Errors were found when compiling the workflow. The workflow files were saved but cannot be run. 

(0,0) Activity 'ID68' validation failed: All children must be of type SequenceActivity.)

Does anybody have a clue on what this error means? When I check the workflow for errors, it says no errors were found. This is when I'm trying to publish. Where do I start to find this problem? 

Thanks, 

Ryan

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 4:46 PM

All replies

• Hy Ry Guy ;)

Since you recreated the workflow, I'm assuming you copied and pasted from the old one? If so, that's your issue. Recreate it from scratch and don't copy from another workflow.

cameron rautmann

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 7:27 PM
  • No, It won't let me copy and paste. What I'm doing is looking at the old workflow in SharePoint Designer 2010 from a server and then recreating the workflow on my computer in SharePoint Designer 2013 since I can't have both versions installed at the same time. Therefore it will not let me copy and paste. I recreated everything the same and cannot figure out this error.
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 7:33 PM
  • That could be a problem in itself. You should remove Designer '10 from your system. Then clear your local SharePoint cache.

cameron rautmann

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 7:36 PM
  • Like I said, I have SharePoint designer 2010 on a separate server, copying workflows from that to my PC with SharePoint designer 2013. They are not both on the same system. Does anybody else have any insight on the error I first posted about? Thanks
    Monday, March 20, 2017 12:08 PM
  • Hi Ry Guy,

Do you mean you encounter this issue when publish the workflow which has the same steps as the workflow which works well in SharePoint Designer 2010?

Please create a similar workflow and publish to check if you encounter the same issue.

Try to Clear the SharePoint Designer Cache:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/33469.how-to-clear-your-sharepoint-designer-20102013-cache.aspx

Here is a similar post for your reference:

http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/62021/cannot-resolve-activity

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 11:56 AM